Tuesday 18 January 2011

Making a Rosary and Jane's Blog Prize Draw

"Rosary" was a new word for me this morning when I asked Rod what it was in English. My brother had asked me some time ago to make him some beads for a rosary (he reads about meditation, numerology and things like that). It was a challenge to come up with a design which would be simple yet effective; I really wanted something quite special. His birthday was approaching too, so this was going to be my present. Where there is a will, there is always a way. It so happened that I started working with Double Helix Ekho, and I have to say, I love this glass. I couldn't get enought of it, I tried lots of things with it. But wrapping it around a black base covered in strips of silver leaf and then encasing it did the trick! The beads come out looking so warm and shiny, with lots of colour inside. They remind me of honey and warm summer days!

This is it - you know what I mean! They look gorgeous no matter what lighting you are using: the photo on the left was taken with the weak January sun out, the photo on the right - just in daylight. So simple, yet so beautiful!

I have made forty of them, that's what I was asked. Then I started reading about how to make a rosary, and I realised that I needed one special bead, maybe, a little bigger in size. So I thought I was going to make one with my "Angel" design, but this time not on the ivory base, but possibly also with Double Helix and encased, with the figure of the Angel coming up only at a certain angle of lighting. I'm still thinking about it though. Nothing is ever simple.
I've entered a prize draw on Jane Tyrrell's blog:
http://jane-janesjournal.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-year-and-my-1st-giveaway.html so I'm sitting here getting excited - you never know, I might just win! Those of you who haven't yet entered still have some time to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment