Thursday 10 November 2011

The Bead Awards

I can just sit here at my computer and read other people's blogs - very happy! But I've got to tell you a little about the British Bead Awards which took place in London on 15th October.


The Big Bead Show was very well attended, with lots of marvelous things to buy and many people to say hello to.

The creations of the Bead competition finalists were displayed in the Sports Bar. There were some gorgeous pieces. I can sympathise with the judges: I liked everything, and it must have been soooo difficult to decide who the winners were.

My "Matrioshka" set won 1st place in the Handmade Glass Beads and Components category. Unfortunately, we missed the actual ceremony: on the way to the racecourse we took the wrong turning and ended up somewhere else. I'd like to say Congratulations and Well done! to everybody who took part in this competition, especially to those who I know personally and who are some of my favourite people in the glass bead making community.

Chloe Menage, editor of Bead, agreed to have this pic taken with me. Thank you, Chloe, for the super event (and the award!), I have really enjoyed it! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Nelli I wish I had known you were there as I too visited the show!!! Congrats on your win and very well deserved. It is on my must visit list every year! I did not see the lampwork awards there...too busy buying beads! LOL.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I should have posted on FB that I was going! There is always "next time" :), and there was lots to choose from, I spent too much money!

    ReplyDelete